Saturday, September 8, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
I hope everyone is cruising the ring and commenting on each other's blogs! Feedback is great - and the best way to get it is to give it!
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Your site will not be approved if you don't add the code.
Even if you were a member of the old ring, you must add the *new* ring html code to your blog. The new ring will not work with the old ring code.
ere are instructions for adding the ring code to Blogger and Livejournal blogs. I hope to add instructions for more types of blogs soon.
1. Sign in to your blog.
2. Under "Manage Your Blogs" click the Layout link. This will open the Page Elements tab of your blog template.
3. Click on the "Add a Page Element" link. This will open a new window.
5. Open the email containing the ring code html. Highlight the html code and copy it (go to Edit/Copy on your browser's file menu).
7. Click the "Save Changes" button. The window will close.
8. On the Page Elements screen, click the "Save" button on the upper right hand side of the screen.
1. When you sign up for the ring, you must put the URL of your Livejournal profile as your site URL (e.g. http://yourname.livejournal.com/profile), *not* your journal homepage.
2. Copy the ring code html from the confirmation page or from the welcome email.
3. In your Livejournal account, go to Profile / Edit Profile.
4. Paste the ring code into the Bio section of your profile.
5. Click "save changes"
1. You must be an Etsy seller.
2. You must have a blog, LiveJournal, TypePad, Wordpress, etc. that will support the ring code (sadly, MySpace blogs don't). Only blogs can be added to the ring. Etsy shops cannot.
3. You must have an EASY-TO-FIND link to your Etsy shop somewhere on your blog.
4. Please ensure that you enter the ring code into your blog template right away. Your blog will not be approved until that code is there.
5. Please place your code somewhere that is easy to find so people can continue making the ring rounds with ease - the preferred placement is in your left or right sidebar. You WILL NOT be approved if the code is merely entered into a blog post. It must be entered into your template.
6. PLEASE NOTE that having the ring code in your blog does not mean that it will be immediately activated. You must first be approved to join, so please allow at least one week for the code to become functional.
7. Please only submit one blog per Etsy shop. Do not submit mirror sites.
*Adapted from ubercherry's Etsy Sellers Who Blog ring rules.