When you sign up for the ring, you will get a confirmation page that has the ring html code on it. You will also be emailed the ring html code. You must immediately add the ring code to the template of your blog so that the autocheck feature can find it.
Your site will not be approved if you don't add the code.
Even if you were a member of the old ring, you must add the *new* ring html code to your blog. The new ring will not work with the old ring code.
ere are instructions for adding the ring code to Blogger and Livejournal blogs. I hope to add instructions for more types of blogs soon.
1. Sign in to your blog.
2. Under "Manage Your Blogs" click the Layout link. This will open the Page Elements tab of your blog template.
3. Click on the "Add a Page Element" link. This will open a new window.
5. Open the email containing the ring code html. Highlight the html code and copy it (go to Edit/Copy on your browser's file menu).
7. Click the "Save Changes" button. The window will close.
8. On the Page Elements screen, click the "Save" button on the upper right hand side of the screen.
1. When you sign up for the ring, you must put the URL of your Livejournal profile as your site URL (e.g. http://yourname.livejournal.com/profile), *not* your journal homepage.
2. Copy the ring code html from the confirmation page or from the welcome email.
3. In your Livejournal account, go to Profile / Edit Profile.
4. Paste the ring code into the Bio section of your profile.
5. Click "save changes"